Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where can we find the list for winners US 2014 IPSC nationals

bruised lee

Try as I might, just can't find the list for winners of the just concluded 2014 US IPSC nationals. Even emailed the MD the other night, never got any reply. Final result is out but what I wanted to see are class winners/standing. Universal shooting academy's website doesn't offer any explanation/notice. Anybody can help me here?

Thanks

Actually it is up to the match director to give awards in classes.

We see this all the time at IPSC matches in Canada. However, because IPSC does not have unified classification system (ICS doesn't really count), classes are taken as declared by competitors, unless given region or section has it's own classification system.

I do not understand why you would be concerned with the class system with the amount of money that is laid out to attend a major.

Just to say you were the top "b" "c" or "a" class shooter? Whatever you would get as a prize would come nowhere near what the cost of traveling and participating in a major.

Most competitors are concerned with how they did against the big dogs, who they do not get many chances to shoot against, and just for the fun and excitement of shooting a major with people from all over the world.

IPSC launched the ICS many years ago to some "shooters demanded it" fanfare and I even won a class medal at at IPSC match once, but since then it seems to be slowly dying out... Seems a bit strange since USPSA does well with them, but there it is.

Has anyone attended, placed, and received anything yet? I placed 3rd overall in Classic and according to USA's FB, awards were sent out immediately but I haven't seen anyone posting up photos of their awards

• 2 weeks later...