Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

223 powder

bodene 5

I have only run CFE 223 and H322 for heavier style match loads (69 SMK, 70 VLD, 75 VLD, and 77 SMK). Both shot very well and were easy to meter with. I did not get a chance to see how temperature sensitive the loads are however.

Edited by littlehendrick

I just loaded up about 75 test rounds using TAC.

23.1gr TAC with a 55gr Hornady BT round set to 2.20 OAL. Because of the holiday and weather have not had a chance to test or chrono it.

Why do some of you not like the TAC for 55gr bullets? I am just making plinking rounds, not match.

Thanks all and Happy New Year.

Don't forget H4895, I have had really good results with 77gr Noslers, Its a full stick powder, so not real friendly in auto powder measures, but I run it through my electronic measure and weigh each round for the LR stuff. Pretty much zero temp sensitivity and very low ES. That being said, I have a friend that has been running the IMR 8208XBR for a couple of years with awesome results and it meters a whole lot better, but I have not been able to get my hands on any to try for myself. I just scored 16lbs of TAC for my 55's for close work.

For 308, he runs 178gr Amax, for .223 77gr Nosler or Sierra, he was also running some form of a 75gr Hornady, but I don't recall which it was. What excited me about the 8208 was his report of 6-9fps variation on the 308 loads. sorry for the late reply, my internet has been down for a bit.

For 308, he runs 178gr Amax, for .223 77gr Nosler or Sierra, he was also running some form of a 75gr Hornady, but I don't recall which it was. What excited me about the 8208 was his report of 6-9fps variation on the 308 loads. sorry for the late reply, my internet has been down for a bit.

Thanks for the response. I use Nosler 77gr CC HPBT bullets for my accuracy load. Once it warms up a bit I'll start the experimentation.

Bill

H335 and Varget are my go to powders in 223.

Same here, H335 and Hornady 55's on my Dillon for 1.25" plinking loads in EOtech outfitted AR. I single stage load Varget for 69 SMK and 77 SMK molys for precision ammo in AR with scope. Great powders. I've also got a bunch of CFE-223 to play with later as I've heard great things about it. TAC is very good I hear, but haven't been able to find any to try.

Dan