Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glock 35 mags keep falling out!

3djedi

I'm using the dawson precision aluminum tooless baseplates.

I noticed on one of the mags that falls out when fired that I could just pull on it and it would come out (with the ZEV aluminum extended mag release). I switched back to the factory mag release and that same mag would not come out no matter how hard I pulled on it. It seems the ZEV doesn't sit in the magazine notch as tightly as the factory.

I ordered some of the factory plastic extended mag buttons to try. They're only $3 so what the heck......

Anybody like the vickers tango down mag release?

Edited by 3djedi

When you fully load a mag, is it super hard to get that last round in, with no room left? If so, I think that is what might be causing the deformation. If you really have to push hard to get it to click in, like I do with 20 rounds in a mag for my g35, then that same amount of pressure is pushing down into the notch until you start shooting. I've messed up some of my mags in the same way and I'm now going to make ready with 18 or 19 rounds, unless the COF makes 20 rounds really advantageous.

When you fully load a mag, is it super hard to get that last round in, with no room left? If so, I think that is what might be causing the deformation. If you really have to push hard to get it to click in, like I do with 20 rounds in a mag for my g35, then that same amount of pressure is pushing down into the notch until you start shooting. I've messed up some of my mags in the same way and I'm now going to make ready with 18 or 19 rounds, unless the COF makes 20 rounds really advantageous.

Nope.......I've only used the mags in 2 or 3 matches and never over 19 rounds. I've used them quite a bit at the practice range and usually put in 6 rounds at a time. And lots and lots of empty dry fire mag changes.

I have been running the same magazines for over 10 years. It's not the mags, it's the metal mag release. If you want extended just put in a OEM G21 mag release for $3.

Yeah I just bought 4 of them for all my glocks....cost about $15 with shipping. Less than half of one of the metal ZEV's. They aren't ideal but at least I don't have to worry about mag damage or mags falling out in competition or worse yet in self defense application....

I have been running the same magazines for over 10 years. It's not the mags, it's the metal mag release. If you want extended just put in a OEM G21 mag release for $3.

Yeah I just bought 4 of them for all my glocks....cost about $15 with shipping. Less than half of one of the metal ZEV's. They aren't ideal but at least I don't have to worry about mag damage or mags falling out in competition or worse yet in self defense application....

Yup! I have them on all my carry Glocks and competition Glocks. They sometimes have sharp edges, just smooth the out the corners with an emery board.

Edited by 9x45

• 2 weeks later...

Is the G21 release longer than the glock extended mag release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the G21 release longer than the glock extended mag release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The G21 OEM part is the extended mag release used on the G34/G35. It fits all G17/G19/G26 frames and is extended. Glock part number SP01981

$_35.JPG

Edited by 9x45