Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Android v.1.2.22 FAIL

GilaMonster

Has anyone else had this problem?

Our club uses an ASUS Android tablet and 4 Nooks. They all just updated to the latest version of PS yesterday.

Today when I tried to enter shooters, PS did not have any Division. It is necessary to enter the Division of each shooter, but when you hit the Division link, noting comes up. And, you can't move on, without a Division entry. Hence, no scoring the match with Practiscore on the Androids.

I ended up entering the stages and shooters for the match on my iPhone, then pulling that into the Nooks. That worked, and scoring the rest of the match worked...using the Android devices.

Any one else have this problem yet? Any suggestions for resolution?

(One of our shooters has had contact with Nifty Bites, so when he gets back to town tomorrow, I'll have him report this to them)

In the meantime, I'll have to enter Saturday's match in my tiny little iPhone, like it was 2012!

Our club uses an ASUS Android tablet and 4 Nooks. They all just updated to the latest version of PS yesterday.

I use the same setup and didn't have any trouble with divisions during beta testing. I'll see if I can duplicate the bug later this afternoon.

Turn auto-update off! That s**t is first-order evil.

jcwren: far as I can tell, auto-update is not on... I had to update PS after I saw the post here about v 1.2.22

Sorry, the wording "They all just updated to the latest version of PS yesterday." led me to believe they had done it by themselves.

Regardless, automatically updating software is evil. I especially despise it when there's no way to revert to previous versions, or it's exceedingly painful to revert (like, oh... say, APPLE!)

Sorry for the trouble, and that is why I recommend a device of each type at the match. Even just 1, like in this case, can be a good work around.

I saw particular bug during beta testing of a release, but it was fixed prior. I'm sorry you hit it, it must be some situation I didn't cover in my report on it. Will remedy asap.

Ken N.

To original poster. You don't have any divisions to select because you don't have any divisions selected for your match. All divisions are selected/edited on Division editing screen you can open from the bottom of the shooters screen.

To original poster. You don't have any divisions to select because you don't have any divisions selected for your match. All divisions are selected/edited on Division editing screen you can open from the bottom of the shooters screen.

I was just going to ask what Divisions if any were defined for the match.

Once a month we run an ICORE match using USPSA scoring in PS and I limited the normal USPSA divisions to Revo, Limited, and Open. Then when we hold our actual USPSA match I have to remember to recheck the other Divisions, SS, Limited 10 and Prod, so they are options for the match.

Edited by jdphotoguy

<euxx> and <jdphotoguy>

You are both right! I just found that by myself, accidentally.

Apparently when PS updated, the divisions loaded was erased. I noticed the 'Edit Divisions' link at the bottom of the screen -- eureka!

They have always been defined when we add a new match, so I had not noticed that link before.

All is OK, now... we can shoot tomorrow!

<euxx> and <jdphotoguy>

You are both right! I just found that by myself, accidentally.

Apparently when PS updated, the divisions loaded was erased. I noticed the 'Edit Divisions' link at the bottom of the screen -- eureka!

They have always been defined when we add a new match, so I had not noticed that link before.

All is OK, now... we can shoot tomorrow!

Great to hear that's all it was.