Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro 5 Trigger

dhunt91

okay Iv finally got the green light to get my new M&P

My question is which trigger kit to get.

Do i get just the FSS poly?

or do i also need the comp spring kit?

want the lightes and shortest travel possibly.

also what else do you guys recomend internally for 3gun

The polymer FSS and trigger kit will give the shortest pull and reset. The competition AEK may give a lighter pull, but the pull and reset are longer. I prefer the short pull and reset. I have not tried mixing the competition springs with the FSS and trigger kit. I find the pull with the kit to be light enough.

If you're interested, I work at The Sig Armorer (a gunsmith in the north Texas area), and we handle a decent amount of M&P work. Whether it be for competition or carry, we'd be more than happy to handle any of the work you need or would like done to your M&P! Check us out at www.thesigarmorer.com and if you would like a reference, Toyotafrank here on the forum can tell you all about the work we've done for him.

That being said, I'd recommend the aluminum or polymer FSS and trigger kit. The price difference isn't too great and the aluminum trigger feels awesome! As for a spring kit, the FSS and trigger kits both come with new trigger springs and new sear springs so you wouldn't have to buy a spring kit unless you wanted to change out your striker spring.

For internal parts, I'd say you'll want to eventually put a different barrel in there, as well as polishing up the contact points and what not. I'm not sure what the rules are for 3-gun but if its the same rules from normal USPSA pistol matches, then depending on your division you may want to rethink what all you're doing to the pistol.

Good luck, feel free to message me with any questions!

I shoot 3 gun predominately and I run a m&p pro 5" with the apex polymer FSS trigger kit with the competition spring kit I haven't put it on a pull gauge but it feels like 2-2.5 pound break I love the way it feels and it has definitely improved my pistol shooting (which is by far my weakest discipline).

I also run TTI basepads a SSS ESP magwell and dawson front and rear sights amd a springer precision slide racker. The slide racker has actually become a great add on for me not only for clearing a malfunction which has always always been my handloads and not the gun but also for when you have tp stage the pistol on a table it alows for better initial purchase getting you on target quicker. I may start playing around with a different guide rod and springs but haven't got that far yet.

The new models of M&P Pro supposedly come with the newe sear block with a large diameter sear spring and plunger. Not all new models come with the new parts (grr!) --mine didn't despite being built in May 2014. Apex says to not use the older smaller diameter sear spring and plunger, but I tried it (couldn't find trhge new sear block and plunger) and after hundreds of rounds I haven't had a dead trigger yet. YMMV.

If you're interested, I work at The Sig Armorer (a gunsmith in the north Texas area), and we handle a decent amount of M&P work. Whether it be for competition or carry, we'd be more than happy to handle any of the work you need or would like done to your M&P! Check us out at www.thesigarmorer.com and if you would like a reference, Toyotafrank here on the forum can tell you all about the work we've done for him.

That being said, I'd recommend the aluminum or polymer FSS and trigger kit. The price difference isn't too great and the aluminum trigger feels awesome! As for a spring kit, the FSS and trigger kits both come with new trigger springs and new sear springs so you wouldn't have to buy a spring kit unless you wanted to change out your striker spring.

For internal parts, I'd say you'll want to eventually put a different barrel in there, as well as polishing up the contact points and what not. I'm not sure what the rules are for 3-gun but if its the same rules from normal USPSA pistol matches, then depending on your division you may want to rethink what all you're doing to the pistol.

Good luck, feel free to message me with any questions!

These guys did my wifes M&P pro and all we can say is WOW!!!!! Send them, your pistol and you will be happy!