Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lantac Dragon ?

jamie213

I just got one, so not a whole lot of shooting data to compare. But seat of the pants it feels like it works as advertised. In rapid fire is where it shines, single shots feel like any other quality comp/brake.

Granted I only have 250 rounds through mine, but so far I'm happy.

I dont care about recoil as long as its flat. I just dont want a huge heavy monster on the end of my rifle lol

Its flat... really flat... weight is relative to what you are used to. I have a rifle with the Rainier Mini Comp which is as small and light as comps get (fairly effective too.) The dragon feels like a beast comparatively. But I would say it strikes a good balance of weight and effectiveness. Remember its a 3 chamber... most 3 chambers are in the 2.8-4.5oz range, so at 3.2oz comes in the middle.

Compared to say my SF MB556K, its lighter and flatter with a little more length. I think that is a good benchmark for the Dragon. This is coming from someone who has not shot the seekins or SJC Titan, or whatever the latest "3gun" comp that is out is. But in my limited rounds and testing, my seat of the pants dyno" would say that this is a very good comp and plays ball with the other comps available at the price point. If you get one on sale (as I did) $99 seems like money well spent so far. I believe the retail is around $150 which starts putting it in "premium" territory with tough competition. However at or around the $100-$125 mark, I think its worth the money.

You might want to read up a little on AR comps before you buy...>>>#1 http://www.multigunmedia.com/pk-compensation.pdf

#2 http://www.multigunmedia.com/ar15-comps-pt-2.pdf

Ahhh, as alway Mr Kelley you again have shed more light on the discussion... I really love your write ups!

Thank you sir.

Man, I'd forgotten about those 2 articles. Great stuff!

It seems like every day I see mention of yet another brake. It's impossible to keep up. And I'm also curious why one company feels it necessary to make 5 or 6 different brakes? Certainly they can't all be "the best". That leads me to think that ratings must be highly subjective and can only really be compared for like rifles being used for like types of shooting.

I have a pepper pot type comp that I really like for general shooting. It does a decent job and isn't overly loud in comparison to others. But when shooting prone, it kicks up dust like crazy because there are holes all around.

I have an old DNTC comp that is great but it's outrageously noisy.

I have a Levang comp that doesn't do very much but makes shooting less noisy than with no comp at all.

Which is best - well that depends on what I'm doing.