Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One shot at a time

Nimitz

Took my STI to the range this morning to function check it after replacing the grip and while it functions I can only fire one shot at a time. The gun appears to be back in battery after a shot but I have to rack the slide about 1" and let it go to be able to fire another shot. Is something not assembled correctly or is it possible the trigger is too tight in the frame?

After putting the trigger bow back in the gun after attaching the lower frame and grip it seemed pretty stiff. Not really sure how much play there should be but the STI reassemble video I watched seemed to indicate it should move freely .... thx

The trigger needs to just float in the frame , sometimes at the rear of the bow the metal frame will not have enough clearance and bind the bow, you may have to remove material at the rear top of the bow to clear the frame.

There is a mandrel for the bow that makes sure the trigger face and the bow are square also

The trigger should be free to move back and forth. Take the sear spring out and rock the lower up and down. If t he trigger does not move you will need to fit it to the grip. It might be a little too tall for your new grip. The above poster is talking about the bow and I am talking about the shoe. Check both places.

Edited by AWLAZS