Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking of doing a CZC build. Thoughts/input.

bockerSV

I'm seriously considering having cz customs make a sp-01 shadow custom 2014 for me in the near future, anything it should have them add on over what the standard custom 2014 work covers?

Nope. You could spend extra $$$ for the Accu bushing & fitted barrel, but IMHO save the money - it's an excellent gun the way it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I sold some stuff and had my ducks in a row to have that Custom 2014 build done and.... Oak Hill got Accu Shadows in stock. The extra few hundred bucks for the instant gratification as well as the barrel bushing was well worth it. So here's my new CZ

2EA73279-E763-41A7-98DE-71C9B420F511_zps

If you reload, use Fed SPP and get a 8.5# main spring. The DA will be under 5#, mine is 4.5#

+1 on the 8.5lbs hammer spring from Cajun Gunworks. My DA is 4lbs and SA 1lbs 12oz. I would also recommend getting his Trigger return spring and trigger return spring pin. The pin is a floating one opposed to pinned for the OEM version. Much easier to replace when the spring eventual breaks. Also get a spare slide stop. I proactively replace these parts; recoil spring - 5000 rds, slide stop - 10k rds, trigger return spring 20k rounds, magazine springs at the end of the shooting season, +10% from CZC.

Have Fun!!! :cheers:

Thanks! I plan on putting a call to CZC to get a spare parts kit together in a few weeks. I know they have pre-made ones they sell but I'd make sure everything is right for this pistol and I know they have their stuff together and will help me out.