Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have to ask...

Iggy42

Is there anyone out there doing a full on Limited gun for Tanfoglios similar to what the guys are CZ Customs are doing for TS's? CZC I know has a fantastic pistol, but I like the way the Tanfoglio frame is over the CZ TS frame, namely the dust cover portion.

I know Rich at Canyon Creek has one on his website for sale that has been worked over pretty good, but I am not a fan of the cut down frame that so many do to CZ/Tanfs.

While I am at it, how well do Tanfoglios, namely a Witness Limited in .40, handle factory spec ammo these days. I know for a time you had to load long like a 2011, but I don't know if a brand spanking new Limited is the same way.

I am looking to upgrade from my XDm for USPSA and 3 gun and I want something other than a 2011. I admit I lust after them, but something about a Tanfoglio just appeals to me.

I'm confused, what's a "full on Limited gun"?

My horrible typing skills

What I am looking for is a gun that has had all the work done to it already similar to what CZ Customs has with their TS model. I was eyeballing the one that Canyon Creek has for sale, but I don't like the cut down frame.

Edited by Iggy42

J&L gunsmithing will set you one up just like the tanfo limited extreme. If I remember correctly he wanted something like $2200 for it.

And the elite's handle factory length ammo just great.

post-48839-0-82343300-1411970777_thumb.j

Edited by 3djedi

Now is my searching correct in that with the new Mec Gar mags that came out recently have corrected the nose dive issues so common to a Limited.

Guess a better way to put is, can I run standard factory ammo if I have too in a .40 Limited or do I still need to load long like an STI?