Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Glock 35 IPSC Standard Division Build

Gurkha

Hi,

I was hoping I could get some input on building my own IPSC standard division Glock 35.

Things that are most important to me are:

Good, light, crisp trigger with very short pre travel and over travel. If possible, 2.5lbs or less trigger pull, less would be preferred.

Less muzzle rise then stock.

Reliability! This is a big one and one of the reasons why I'm thinking of Glock over a 2011 build for Standard. I always see tons of malfunctions with 2011 guys every match.

So far, this is what I have been thinking about.

Stock gun would be a Gen 3 Glock 35. Trigger, based on my reading, I am leaning towards the ZEV TECH Fulcrum Ultimate Kit. For magwell I am thinking Zev Speed Feed Magwell. I am not sure which material and which insert to go for. I am thinking the heaviest so the brass magewell and the largest insert but I am not sure how that would feel as I have never shot a glock with a weighted magwell. I am also not sure how the brass would hold up compared to the aluminum? I guess another option is the stainless steel then I could get it ceracoated because I don't want the stainless steel look. That would probably hold up nicely and be heavy. Although, I am not sure if heavy is what I want, I am just thinking it is.

ZEV Tech Extended Magazine Release, some kind of a solid guide rod, maybe the ZEV Tech Stainless Steel Guiderod. Sights, I am not sure, I have had bad experiences with Dawson so I would prefer something else. I have heard Taran Tactical are good but it only looks like they come in one height, it would be nice to have some different height options so I can get it right for my loads.

Springs and spring weights, I don't know what is best.

Grip work, I was thinking about the silicon carbide but I am not sure how well it holds up? Otherwise I would do some stippling. I don't think I would actually reduce the backstrap grip angle, the reason being is I like how the stock grip angle really locks my wrist up for recoil control. I would probably get rid of the finger grooves though and maybe undercut the trigger guard.

Slide work, probably some front serrations but I am on the fence about lightening the slide as I have heard mixed things. I have heard it can reduce muzzle rise but make the gun more "violent". I have also heard it can cause reliability problems.

Barrel, not sure what a good option for this would be?

Magazine base pads, I have only used glock brand so I am not sure. I have heard good things about the taran tactical. Most important is I want the perfect reliability of the stock magazines. The 2011 guys are always having problems with their mags, I want mine to be as reliable as stock glock mags.

Does anyone have an good links to do it yourself work both internally and on the grip?

Thank!

Ok, I only shoot glock 35's, my advice isn't the BEST... But, I do ok. :-)

Trigger... I love Zev, but I don't think that their trigger kit is the best.. I prefer the pyramid trigger from GlockStore... Especially the TiN coated bar, definitely keeps it smooth. That trigger, coupled with the Zev safety plunger, lightening strike titanium striker, and the ghost pro 3# connector and spring kit, will give you the most crisp break out there. Also, you can set the pre travel on the trigger, and ghost connectors completely eliminate over travel.

As far as barrels, lone wolf and kkm have never done me wrong. I use ZEV sights as well. Now, for the magwell, I use the Zev brass one, with the large brass insert, I love the weight. Tungsten guide rod as well ( I use a jäger).

Taran basepads are simple and damn near indestructible, not to mention he's a cool guy and LISTENS to his customers feedback.

Stippling is the way to go... Just make sure you spend the $$ and get it done by one of the higher end frame guys out there... Damato Custom Stippling, Boresight Solutions, Glock Präzision, or SSVI LLC... Best work you can imagine, and actually not the expensive for what you're getting.

Front cocking serrations, tri-top... MAYBE a single window cut, then get it TiN or TiCN coated, and you have the baddest glock out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The slide lightening is a DEFF personal preference. Triggers same and many to choose from. Silicone carbide is nice and yes it does wear a little but can be redone as needed. Stippling can be very aggressive and doesn't wear off persay more of it wears in. TTI and Arrendondo pads depending on Magwell I run TTI. Sights can be a big choice to but I love the buried Bomar rear and FO front

Springs- I ran a 14# for well....ever with a lightened slide. Well, it wasnt all that light, but I did have front serrations cut into it and that did shave off a bit of weight. Less weight on the slide=slightly less recoil.

Magwell- If youve got large hands get a heavy Carver. If you have small/average sized hands get a Dawson.

Grip work- Get a pro to do it. Extreme shooters does Glocks very nicely.

Barrels- I wont let anything but a KKM in any of my Glocks. In all honesty, if you look at my 2011's, you'll find KKM's too.

Basepads- TTI and never look back. You can thank us all later.....

I have the Dragon fly slide with all the window cuts with a kkm barrel and have feed issues. Bullets get locked up on the feed ramp. These are Montana gold jacketed hollow points and haven't tried anything else but never had any malfunctions with the stock slide and kkm barrel. I haven't had much time to fiddle with and try to work it out......

I have the Dragon fly slide with all the window cuts with a kkm barrel and have feed issues. Bullets get locked up on the feed ramp. These are Montana gold jacketed hollow points and haven't tried anything else but never had any malfunctions with the stock slide and kkm barrel. I haven't had much time to fiddle with and try to work it out......

What's your spring weight?

Advantage Tactical sights might be worth a look for you. The front post is adjustable with shims(supplied). They are a little different and not the prettiest you'll see but I've yet to hear or read a bad thing avout them. Cant vouch for their performance in person, mine are still in the mail.