Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Gold not fitting into lower receiver

BrocDowns

I finally bit the bullet so to speak and dropped the money on an AR Gold trigger. I got it in the mail earlier today went to go drop it in my lower and can not get the holes to line up to pop the pins in at all, and the front lower part of the hammer (where it pivots at) seriously rub inside my lower. Is my lower just that bad out of spec or what because this is very disheartening :-/ anyways thanks for your help. O yea my lower is not a colt large pin its a small pin with a key hole forge mark

Edited by BrocDowns

Did you remove the grip and safety? You don't really need to remove the grip much just enough to let tension off the safety lock pin so you can re-align the trigger, other then that, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Edited by DocMedic

Hey Broc,

what trigger pins are you using?

we have had problems with some customers using JP and other mfg's Anti walk pins when installing cartrige style triggers that are designed for standard trigger pins.

there are a few anti walk pin manufacturers who are actually making thier pins oversized to get the best possible alignment for Jard, JP, hyperfire, or Geissele non cartrige type triggers the oversized pins make alignment a big problem because it causes dimensional interference in the front of the fire control group pocket ( where you are seeing the friction marks.

But if your having the problem shown with the supplied triggers the issue would identify a out of spec lower reciever dimension.

hope this info helps

if you have anyother Q's hit me up with a PM

TK

Product Development MGR

Adams Arms

No it wasn't a Colt. Honestly I prefer not to say because I know the owner and I consider him a friend and I know he doesn't actually do the mill work. With a regular trigger the lower is fine it just want exactly to par with a tight fitting drop in. I know many of their other lowers sport drop in triggers but one slipped by QC on how deep the trigger area is the holes would still line up if it just went in all the way

Edited by BrocDowns

I understand Broc. Wasn't looking for you to bad mouth anybody, just thinking that other forum members who were planning to do a build with an AR Gold trigger might benefit from knowing if a particular brand of lower wasn't compatible. Hopefully yours was just an isolated case.