Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

223 conversion

Kenneth E. LaPointe

. Have been loading hand gun ammunition successfully for a while. Have decided to give 223 a whirl. Exploring the nuances of taking on this rifle round. Have heard that the hot set up is to run two separate tool heads.one at a time. One tool head set up for just sizing and de capping with only one die set up in that first head doing those two initial stages. Then the removal of the first head to be replaced with a second tool head equipped with the other three dies that would perform the remaining steps of powder drop, bullet seating and lastly crimping on way to a finished round ? Would the second tool head contain another die in hole number one that would be re sizing and pretending to de cap a hole with no primer on way to installing a new primer and then continue on with the remaining stages sequentially taking place ? Or does station number one in tool head two remain empty ? Where can I find out more info regarding this type of set up. Is it a waste of time ? Or should I just utilize the normal existing Dillon set up of Dillon progressive with each station of the tool head doing its thing as designed one at a time stages ? Sorry to appear so un informed on way to dumb regarding this set up but I am confused as per what I have heard ! Thanks any info or direction is greatly appreciated.

You would get more answers if this was in the reloading sub fourm.

I believe it is done in 2 steps to separate the brass prep from the loading.

1 toolhead

-resize

-deprime

-trim

and then you tumble and the brass it ready to load on the second toolhead