Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to thank generous shooters?

yeah, but in thsi case, aren't we talking about folks who WORKED for their knife?

I mean seriously, if we are going to get all symbolic about stuff, were not talking about giving your high-school buddy something, we're talking about giving someone something for all the hard work they put in so we can have some fun.

Yes, I think if the knife is in 'payment' (or trade, or barter) for something, then it's a gesture of kindness and appreciation. And I'm in agreement with the concept that it's 'symbolic' of giving someone a useful tool for survival--the knife blade has been with us a long, long time--a gesture of support for ease in one's survival. I received a knife as a gift from someone late last year, but it was more or less a thank-you for a serious hardcover photobook I sent him concerning the contributions I'd made to it (chamber of commerce stuff). I took the knife to be a very nice thank-you.

I got a knife recently (I suspect from the same person Nik referenced) and I thought it was a way cool thing to do. I played with that little SOG all nite and then it went into my backpack and goes with me almost everywhere.

Vlad

Oh and another very cool thing about that knife I got. The folks giving it to me purchased those knives from one the regular sponsors of our matches. How cool is that, you got to thank your helpers and support your sponsors. I suspect even gift certificates or some other gear from your sponsors would be a nice way to spread the love all around.

Vlad