Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550b primer slide sticking,,,,no way to do 500/hr

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. My 550b is about 5 years old and the primer slide was sticking on both small and large primer bars. I tried all the tricks. None worked very well for very long. After around 4 - 5 hundred primers the bar would start to stick open or part way. I decided I was going to make it better or destroy it and start over. I took out the primer bar and went to work with a file. The inside of the primer drop where the bar runs was not even close to square.. I squared everything up and give it about 3 -4 thousands clearance (wiggle room) in the track. No more problems. I have around 15 K through it and just changed over to large primers did the normal cleaning; it was dirty but works like a charm now.

Had the same problem with my 550b recently. Hit it with a little dry silicon spray and it started working again. Ran a couple of hundred primers and the problem has not returned yet. If it comes back, I may give dhenry's solution a try.

I run two 550s, one lp and one sp. They are at least twenty years old. I never have any priming issues unless the two bolts holding the primer assembly are too tight. I use no lube anywhere near the primer assembly and just use an old dry paintbrush once a year or so to clean the slide area.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk