Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

20 years ago, old PC games (Wing Commander 3)

Just funny, I was digging thru my attic and came-across these boxes for old PC games. The Wing Commander 3 box still has all the discs and instruction manual inside plus a poster of all the ships. I still remember the line in the game "the price of freedom is eternal vigilance", ;)

photo1_zps945661f8.jpg

Also found these old instruction manuals for other games, which I loved at the time.

photo2_zps386c1792.jpg

Whats really interesting, and ties it to today's technology..... I didn't even make the connection between Mass Effect series and WC3 & WC4 until I saw this old box.
I remember how you had crew interactions, conversations with choices for response, ability to pick people who went on missions with you, your choices (somewhat) caused a different ending, plus a romance sub-plot, and I think "Wow, I thought Mass Effect was a whole new type of game; but that same stuff was in Wing Commander 3, that was 20 years ago!"

My my, how far we have come in 20 years. wait.... has it been 20 years alreay? making me feel old now. *snif*

Boy, some memories there. I also have the X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter floating around in my desk. Wish that Lucas Arts would re-release it for the new OS's

Maybe it is a good thing that they haven't, I'd be gaming a lot again. Lol.

Edited by Modoc

Boy, some memories there. I also have the X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter floating around in my desk. Wish that Lucas Arts would re-release it for the new OS's

I just found X-wing Alliance, that was as good as it got , before the franchise was shut down. :(

Most of these old (DOS) games can be run using the DosBox software, it's basically a DOS virtual machine you can run them in.

Marathon, baby!

I just did a quick play-thru of Wing Commander 3, and it hurt my eyes. :eek: Edited by SlowShooter

• 7 months later...