Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a recipe using WSH

kuletchi1

Looking for recipes. Purchased Winchester Super Handicap by mistake. Somebody said that it can be used for loading pistol ammo. Just trying to use what I have. Have different grains of bullets. Anything would help.

• 1 month later...

Looking for recipes. Purchased Winchester Super Handicap by mistake. Somebody said that it can be used for loading pistol ammo. Just trying to use what I have. Have different grains of bullets. Anything would help.

I grabbed some as well by mistake too, but i grabbed 2 lbs lol. I found some info regarding 9mm and some 45 around here. Loaded a few up in a ladder spred, just have not made it to the range to chrono them. It looks like if its a good powder, it will meter well, similar to longshot, just finer grained.

Update!

Made it out to the range to use the new Winchester Super-Handicap AA powder with 9mm and 45acp loads,

9mm - 115gn plated / cci primers - 4.25in barrel M&P / 1.120OAL

3.6gn - 800 / 799 / 849fps - Stove pipe

4gn - 960 / 930 / 964 - soft

4.5gn - 980 / 1033 / 990 - felt good but not stout for 9mm - In comparison i was also shooting 5.5gn Unique with same bullet at 1280ish fps

45acp - 230gn plated / Remington primers - 5in para 1911 / 1.250OAL

4.4gn - 739 / 761 / 736fps

5gn - 745 / 760 / 745fps

5.2gn - 844 / 799 / 801fps - Chrono'd the same as box PMC

Chrono was a Prochrono digital , conditions were 31deg and overcast.

The 5.2gn load is a nice soft loadout that would be great for plinking, i did not test accuracy other than trying to not blast my chrono lol

Hope this helps, just remember this is my experience and is in no way any sort of recommendation for load data!

Edited by noobzor