Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Protect tablet from rain

DeriH

I am from the Northwest section and our clubs are using Kindle Fire tablets with Otterbox covers to protect from rain. The problem we have is the rain itself makes it hard to see scores, enter scores and sometimes the rain will even hit the screen hard enough to change scores. DQ'ed a few poor souls, and yes the rain even verified it.

Fumbling with umbrellas is difficult. Does anyone have any ideas for an in-hand protector/cover that will protect a tablet from drenching rain? This is not really a main stream product sort of thing as most people do not stand for hours on end in the pouring rain and use a tablet.

I'm from the desert.... but it did rain a LOT here last couple days.

Perhaps my sun protectors will work to keep driving rain directly off it? They are kydex and fold over to shield from the son, but would block direct rain as well.

Alternately, is it possible to have the tablet just say in one place under cover and shout the scores?

How did you protect the paper in the past?

Ken N.

Thanks Ken

I like the idea of some kind of shield, where can we get something like that?

We had the same problem with paper scoring, fumbling with umbrellas, always had to score with pencil as the ink would run.

Standing in one place does not work as we can't hear between shots in other bays and hearing protection.

I have tried gallon ziplocs and they just are not stable enough.

We just use gallon ziplock bags. Hold the Nook in your weak hand, slid the ziplock over your hand and Nook, then put your other hand inside the bag to score.

Works and the bags a cheap, unlike the Otterbox or other water proof/resistant cases, which are generally more expensive then the Nook they are protecting.

Edited by jdphotoguy