Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Fort, AR

hopalong

Well I made the 7 hr trip to Ft. Smith Arkansas this weekend to shoot their anual

"revolver friendly" match they shoot every January.

Temps at first shot were in the high 20s with a 15-20 mph steady wind with stronger gusts.

Clay Binion is the USPSA match Director for this year at Old Fort and he put on a really good 6 stage match, it was as he said.... Revolver "Freindly" but not easy though.

I got to shoot with most of the local guys that I already new as "Bottom feeder"

shooters and they actually held their own quite well, MY Compliments to you guys.

I did get to meet "Bubber" and I have to say it was my pleasure he is nicer to talk with face to face than screen to screen.

I got to shoot with Mike Luttrell from Arkansas, Mike is starting to shoot more USPSA and has shot IDPA Mostly in the past, He shoots very good, accurate is an understatement (He dropped 7 points for the entire match) and is smooth as water just needs to figure out how to use the correct hand( he is left handed ).

For those of you close enough to shoot this match, it is not revolver only just revolver "friendly" all divisions are welcome but they emphasize revolvers for this match.

As with all the other matches I have been to at the "OLD FORT GUNCLUB" it was well thought out, well organized and fun to shoot I recomend to anyone to go shoot with Clay and the crew if they have a chance.

Don't have a clue who ended up where but that doesn't really matter as I fully enjoyed myself and even better got to meet more BE.COM forum members whom I have not met one yet that was not "good folk"

Hopalong.

It was nice to finally meet up with Hopalong. I know how things turned out #**&^%. Some guy from Tennesse took Revo. I was doing quite well until I heard some guy behind me. He was talking loud enough for the whole crowd to hear. He said, "Shooter Ready... Standbye... then a buzzer went off" It was all downhill after that. Had a lot of fun, as always at the matches a bit cold though, but fun nontheless. Good to meet you Sam and thanx for the whuppin. <_< Later rdd

Congrats Sam, I saw the scores and u beat very good shooters, Sorry i didnt have the chance to make it. If u have the chance we have a Winter Classic comming up first part of feb, In springdale, IDPA (some flashlight) lots of fun, there will be some revolver shooters. Congrats again Mike L is a hard man to beat....(this means he trounces me) :P

Frederick Haring

Thanks Frederick,

Mike was fun to shoot with but Fred did a very good job too (he shot with us too)

both those guys know how to use one of them "anchient" guns

Mike will be bad news once he figures out the technical differences between shooting IDPA and USPSA.

Now about him "trouncing you".... I saw where you ended up at the IDPA Nationals ;)

February is out for me, going to Florida to shoot the FLORIDA OPEN, that will be my "trip" for that month.

Going to the Louisiana IDPA state match in March, it will be at Jerry Miculeck range in Shreveport, great range, even better HOST.

Don't know if shooting the wheel gun, moonclip holders are illeagal for new rules, not intending to buy more equipment, if they go by the new rules I will shoot SSP with my Matell toy <_< as I have all legal equipment for that.

SAM

And Bubber, I'm sure you will return the favor sometime :)

Chuck,

But the Gamer Moonclip gun is the only 4 inch gun I have the rest are too long. <_<

Common problem I have.... :angry:

Too long a time for that stage.... :mellow:

Too long a wait between matches.... :huh:

Too long a time for that reload..... :o

Need I say more? :ph34r: