Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP-01 Shadow Target USPSA

onechance

Any recommendations for USPSA Limited Gear? Thinking about running this gun limited and trying it out. Would rather have second complete rig. I have read through a lot of threads but trying to narrow it down here are come of the questions I have?

I have 6 mags, 3 have Aluminum base plate extensions

-Race holster or production holster?

-Magwel?

-Different brand mag pouches?

Right now for Production I run my Glock 34 with:

Double Alpha Belt

CompTac International Holster

CompTac Mag Pouches x 5

Edited by onechance

Why? Just put in 2 fewer mags. If you want a "race" holster, then go for it, but it really isn't necessary.

Personal experience: I've got Bladetecs for production, limited and single stack and "race" holsters for limited and open. I prefer the Bladetec for limited.

You might consider buying a holster are pouches that would run double duty for Production since 9mm isn't the ideal round for Limited anyway. Also, it would b good to know if you have been considering 3 Gun as that could change the equation.

Get some pouches that can tilt like Ghost, DAA, or CR speed.

The Blade Tech holster is fine but the hunger sucks. Get a Boss Hager for it or just buy a Ghost Stinger.

You don't need a magwell but if you get one remember that you will likely need new grips.

The biggest change from Production that I would make is running the CZ cocked and locked so the first shot is SA and get some 140mm magazine extensions, new Springs, and basepads from CZC so that you can run 22 or 23 in your magazines instead of 18.

• 2 weeks later...

CR speed pouches are great (I have them and like them) but I like the DAA racer pouches just a bit better. I also have the DAA race master pouches but think they don't really offer anything over the racers. just cost more. and look nicer in the fancy colours (mine are all black anyway).

CR speed pouches are great (I have them and like them) but I like the DAA racer pouches just a bit better. I also have the DAA race master pouches but think they don't really offer anything over the racers. just cost more. and look nicer in the fancy colours (mine are all black anyway).

My new DAA race master pouches are on there way will have in a day or two. I have slowly been getting my Production rig setup. DAA belt, Bladetech Black Ice DOH holster and the new pouches in black. I did not want any fancy colors; new to USPSA and did not want to draw anymore attention to myself than needed.

Edited by burttrans

How are the DAA race master for adjustable for double stack mags? I have M&P Pro I will be shooting but also may pick up a G34 to try out also; will I be OK with the same pouches?

yep, the race masters (and the racers) will take just about any mag on the planet.

they have a clever system with a thick and thin insert which sets the side to side width, then a thick and thin rear insert which puts pressure on the back of the back. that can be fine tuned with the leaf spring (metal) and by adjust the tension with the thumbwheel.

the only think you might want to do is get a spare set of inserts and 'fit' those to your glock mags. I hear those need an insert filed down a little. changing inserts is a piece of cake. the rear inserts just slip in and out with out a tool. the side inserts need a screw removed.

If you tell DAA that its for a glock they will send you prefiled inserts at no charge. At least they did for me.

yep, the race masters (and the racers) will take just about any mag on the planet.

they have a clever system with a thick and thin insert which sets the side to side width, then a thick and thin rear insert which puts pressure on the back of the back. that can be fine tuned with the leaf spring (metal) and by adjust the tension with the thumbwheel.

the only think you might want to do is get a spare set of inserts and 'fit' those to your glock mags. I hear those need an insert filed down a little. changing inserts is a piece of cake. the rear inserts just slip in and out with out a tool. the side inserts need a screw removed.