Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help on accuracy for 9mm 1911 Range Officer

SpankYa

Why not just buy a couple of boxes of mid range priced ammo? Like Speer, get some 115, 124, 147 and see what the gun likes. If it still shoots bad with a good store bought ammo in all 3 bullet weights send it back to Springfield.

Why not just buy a couple of boxes of mid range priced ammo? Like Speer, get some 115, 124, 147 and see what the gun likes. If it still shoots bad with a good store bought ammo in all 3 bullet weights send it back to Springfield.

Shooting 124gr Blazer Brass bears no such problems - everything perfect. Shot my loads out of the CZ and again, no problem.

i did.

Would that not drop velocity and thus increase tumbling?

I load a 160 gr lead bullet to 1.200". 2.8 gr of Solo 1000 goes about 800 fps. Very good groups. 2.4 gr of Promo yields the same velocity. The only tumbling issue I have ever had with a 160 gr bullet was using Clays powder out of a stock Glock barrel. One of these days I will get around to testing Clays out of the RO and a Glock with a LWD barrel.

• 5 months later...

Shooting 124gr Blazer Brass bears no such problems - everything perfect. Shot my loads out of the CZ and again, no problem.

i did.

Can you please give us a follow up? I'm thinking about getting a RO 9mm and like many folks here have had plenty of range time and load development for a CZ shadow, Glock 34 with Titegroup, N320 and WST. Just curious what was the solution. Thanks.