Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mp pro mag work with ttI base pads and different follower?

colbyjack

A buddy Gave me 2 17 round promags. Will the ttI base pads work with them? Or can I keep stock length and use the springer precision .375" basepad extension +0? The base of these mags have like 2 holes if I remember right. Just looks different then my factory mag. Can I get these mags to work with tti, or springer pads? What will be the best route for a new follower? Does grams make one?? Thanks for info and teaching me the mp pistol. ;)

The followers in these pro mags are all gouged up. Think a factory s&w follower will work? Or should I call pro mag for a replacement?

I would definitely try the real s&w followers. Everything else SHOULD interchange as well. As such, I would expect that you should be good with Springer, TTI, or SSS basepads. Take one of your OEM mags apart and compare next to the ProMag parts. That should confirm one way or the other.

Edited by wgj3

• 2 weeks later...

My ProMags work fine but I think I got lucky. There is a reason why your "buddy" gave you these mags. I bought 2 ProMags when 17 round 9mm were impossible to find. I did replace the ProMag base plates with S&W base plates and with a little bit of tweaking the flange on the bottom of the mag they have worked. So, if the base plate is interchangeable maybe the rest of the mag parts are also.