Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W 40 pistol alternatives

Bart Solo

I'd like to know how he knows what swinging a turd at the end of a stick feels like.

That answer will probably let the rest of us know what his opinion is worth.

Bro-Don't you even STI?

:roflol: That's funny Trent :roflol:

You might not know, but RIIID owns Canyon Creek Custom, he's also a GM in Limited, Open and Production :bow:

The first thing you might want to do is shoot some of the options available. Personally the edge feels like swinging a turd on the end of a stick. There are several options other than the default sti response. Tanfoglio, CZ, Para/Springfield, SV, and the polymer framed guns XDm and M&P.

Rich

I agree. I have a M&P Pro 40 with the Apex FSS. Its about as close to a 1911/2011 trigger you can get in with an M&P (can't speak to XD options) at 1/4 - 1/3 of the cost of a 2011. I used to have a G35 and the stock G35 trigger was not bad but far from great.

All that said, I just ordered a custom 2011 Limited gun from my local 'smith because 1) I could, and 2) I now shoot a 1911 in IDPA and have been shooting USPSA SSTK but its getting lonely in SSTK and I just like the 2011/1911 platform.

Edited by Rob Tompkins

Just because you can't shoot or have poor trigger control does not mean the glock 35 is not accurate. Been there done that. If you want a 1911/2011 get one. But don't justify it by saying glocks are not accurate. Pick a gun and practice.

I'd like to know how he knows what swinging a turd at the end of a stick feels like.

Bro-Don't you even STI?

You might not know, but RIIID owns Canyon Creek Custom, he's also a GM in Limited, Open and Production :bow:

I didnt know that was him. Still doesnt answer the 'swinging a turd on a stick' question though.

Bro-Don't you even STI?

I didnt know that was him. Still doesnt answer the 'swinging a turd on a stick' question though.

It is obvious some have lived sheltered lives.

I own two dogs and have to pickup after them, I use a stick and a shovel.

Rich

Just because you can't shoot or have poor trigger control does not mean the glock 35 is not accurate. Been there done that. If you want a 1911/2011 get one. But don't justify it by saying glocks are not accurate. Pick a gun and practice.

^^^^ winner winner. Triggers are way less important than all the hoopla would have you believe. Pick a gun and train. By the time you really know how to run it, the trigger weight

, travel, creep, over travel, color, can't, texture, flavor, length, girth etc., will be meaningless.

After owning a couple of STI's, I figured out I replaced most of the innards anyway. So instead of buying an Eagle, bought a 2011 frame, a Caspian slide, Kart barrel, Cylinder and Slide trigger set, Dawson sights and then had it put together by a good smith and cerakoted. Some fine day, someone will finally be able to explain why a .40 shoots so much "softer" than a 9 or 45 at the same power factor. But for now, they just do. And going to the 2011 cures 99% of the magazine problems that ran me away from single stack 1911's.