Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Recommendation for GP100

Flashman

I shoot a 4 inch GP 100 in IDPA and am inviting any suggestions for a new holster. I have a Don Hume JIT Slide and a kydex Blade Tech but would like something that will meet IDPA requirements (can’t pass the dowel test with the Blade Tech and plays hell on the blued finish), and can be used for concealed carry. I would also like it to better hug the body and cover the entire barrel. I am open to IWB but have never used one. A Summer Special has been recommended. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I was happy with the De Santis Speed Scabbard for a while until i realized that I just needed a stiffer belt to make my blade-tech with adjustable stingray loop work. This and similar FBI cant pancake holsters work well to pull the gun close to the body.

Edited by afoulk

Try the Safariland 567 holster

+1 on the above; it's inexpensive and works great; I have several for various guns, and they are among my most used holsters.

I also have a Galco Combat Master (pancake holster) that is great for carrying. It conceals well, holds the gun close to the body, covers the barrel, is comfortable, and is probably the best option for concealing a large revolver. If it is in stock, Opticsplanet is a good place to get it. IMO, you get a lot of holster with an attractive finish for the money with Galco.

I've never had one of the Summer Special holsters, but a 4" GP-100 is a lot of gun to shove in your pants.

Try the Safariland 567 holster

Not sure they offer that one anymore. I just ordered the Model 568 for my S&W Model 10. Hopefully I will get it before the end of the week. I believe the Model 568 is the same holster body as Model 567 but comes with both, a paddle mount, and 1.5-1.75" belt loop attachment.

Not the best picture but here's my new 568 holster with the belt loops mount rather than the paddle mount it also comes with. I apologize, its a S&W Model 10, not a GP100 but the same holster is supposed to fit either gun. Did some draw practice with it in the basement this evening and for the price I am very pleased.

568side.jpg

568front.jpg