Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chronographs you recommend?

reloader901

From chrono to chrono, how are you gauging accuracy/precision?

I know the the CED infrared model comes highly recommended because it's usable indoors and variations in sunlight can't affect something that doesn't run off sunlight, but have folks sat down with the same lot of ammo and checked on the averages/SD from chrono to chrono?

Or are people going off features and ease of use, mainly?

USPSA uses the CED2 at their major matches. So it seems logical that if you own a CED2, your results should be very similar with the same variables in place.

Not sure you could make the same statement when comparing other chronos to a CED2. Like to Like gives uniformity.

CED for years then when it gave up upgraded to CED MILLINEUM 2 w/ great help and price from their very good customer service. Im not in the US so their cs made things much easier for me.

Very reliable and accurate unit plus the readings stays in the memory even when shut off until you erase them via specific key strokes. I can chrono diff loads on diff guns contineously then access the data from its memory after the session is completed. And without separate calculator. Its calc. is included in the key pad.

Edited by BoyGlock

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I have a CED (the newest one) with infrared sky screens I'd sell for $100...

I started with the Chrony - got a lot of misreads/errors.

Then got the Pro Chrono - it's great.

Then got the CED - takes longer to setup, still good, but no need for it if you have a Pro Chrono.