Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Manners mini chassis

aahunt03

The manners mcs is my favorite chassis system. I have owned 3 of them, but am down to 1 as I moved them to fund other rifle build projects. They hold their value quite well. Since many receivers use the 700 footprint, they are pretty "modular", but there are a couple of nuances to consider (e.g., relieving some area for a Timney trigger or for a side bolt release). Some receivers have a longer ejection port and may not line up just right if you get one inletted for a Rem 700. Also, the Rem 700 has a swept back handle, so if you are going to use the MCS for multiple receivers, make sure you tell Manners when you order.

You may save a few ounces by going the traditional bedding route, but I was not able to shoot the difference with a Surgeon 591 6.5CM in a pillar bedded MCM A5 and a Manners T3 mini-chassis.

Also, it will accommodate large after market recoil lugs if you have a custom rig.

To follow the trend above, they are excellent. I don't like AR or thumbhole stocks on my precision bolt guns so having a standard stayle stock with the advantages of a DBM and bolt in and go is a huge thing. I have 2 mini chassis stocks now and my third, a folder, is out getting put on my latest Crescent Custom build. Manners are excellent stocks.

My .308

EfjiJsH.jpg

My .243/308 switch barrel

DSCN1653.jpg

If you want the benefits of a chassis but like the look and feel of a traditional stock the Manners mini chassis is the way to go for sure. I have bedded my chassis and also ran several unbedded, it made no noticeable difference.

They are great, I have both a Manners T4a that is bedded and a Manners T4a with a mini chassis and there is not loss of accuracy with the chassis and it is soo much nicer not having to bed and re-bed after a few years, etc. Plus if you change actions you dont have to worry about the bedding not matching up with the chassis.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost any stock can be retrofitted with a DBM but getting a stock with integrated DBM and mini-chassis is going to be less bother. Manners and McMillan both make excellent stocks. If a pistol grip appeals to you then the AICS is a good choice.

If you are on a budget then an HS Precision can be fitted with a PTG DBM by any competent gunsmith.