Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Witness Gold Custom Hammer Issue

sig2009

Started having this issue over the weekend with my 38 supr. With slide locked back. Load mag. Release slide with lever into battery the hammer moves from full cocked position to half cocked. When a round is fired chambers another round with the hammer again in half cocked position. Any ideas what is going on and who I can send this to for repair? Disassembled and cleaned and reassembled with same issue.

Sounds indeed like the hammer/sear might be worn. U could check the sear spring if its broken.

The factory parts (if its an older pistol) are a softer metal so if the surface hardening is worn it would cause this issue.

Best way to fix it so its safe would be a new hammer & sear. I would suggest the xtreme hammer from eric grauffel and a new tanfoglio sear (single action long sear, these are fully hardened, they are a gold'ish color)

Edited by pharoh

Sounds indeed like the hammer/sear might be worn. U could check the sear spring if its broken.

The factory parts (if its an older pistol) are a softer metal so if the surface hardening is worn it would cause this issue.

Best way to fix it so its safe would be a new hammer & sear. I would suggest the xtreme hammer from eric grauffel and a new tanfoglio sear (single action long sear, these are fully hardened, they are a gold'ish color)

Thanks. I just did a search and can't find these parts in the US anywhere. I see foreign websites only.

U can prob order it from eric grauffel directly, I always do for most of my parts.

He ships pretty much around the world, im sure he ships to the states. Could send him a quick email to make sure

Thanks guys! I see they sell the EGW hammer and the EAA Competition hammer. I should get the EGW? Also I only see the EAA sear. I don't see on their website the EGW sear other than their 1911 sear and BHP sear.

Edited by sig2009