Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extra Power extractor spring

Torogi

i had one hiccup last match, spent brass got stuck and didn't eject. slide was almost half way, so i just racked the slide and off i went.

replacing my extractor spring for the first time, gun has about 10k. is there any catch with Wolff extra power extractor spring? I noticed it is 2 coils more than the stock. With too much resistance, am I running more risk of breaking my extractor claw?

I had the same issue , I put in a wolff extra power spring and my extractor did not move at all ,

the spring was completely stacked and tight.

I tried to manually cycle a few dummy rounds through it , and it was really gouging the brass. I did not want to take the chance live firing it like that. ( Some guys have run it like that, without problems. So you can try it as is. )

But personally I did not like what I saw with the brass.

So I ended up cutting a half a coil at a time until I got movement back into the extractor.

For me I ended up removing one and a half coils in total.

You might not have to remove as much, a lot of test fitting , just take your time.

Best of luck.

Ah, thanks for the input. I did manual cycle some dummy rounds and it did cycle fine. Im just concerned about the little movement of the extractor due to tight spring. This may put more stress on the claw when slamming forward. I just realized that I may want something a little lighter, or say OEM tight due to lightened recoil spring. I maybe over thinking it but too light and it will just leave the spent brass like the malfunction i had originally. hmm..