Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHAT NOW WITH SSR/ESR

desmark6

After winning expert class SSR at last years nationals I got promoted to Master shooting my 610 with RIMZ speedloaders (moon clips). Now the rule changes, my gun is now illegal and I am an unclassified shooter!?!? What gives, and does this transfer or did I waste a year climbing the SSR ladder from SS to Master?

Someone please clarify this for me.

I guess it doesn't matter too much because if they don't change the rules and make my revolver, sidearmor holster and california comp. moon clip holders legal again I will be calling HQ for a refund of my membership dues.

At least there is still ICORE as well as USPSA ( home of the bottom feeder for sure but currently more revolver friendly then IDPA )

After winning expert class SSR at last years nationals I got promoted to Master  shooting my 610 with RIMZ speedloaders (moon clips). Now the rule changes, my gun is now illegal and I am an unclassified shooter!?!? What gives, and does this transfer or did I waste a year climbing the SSR ladder from SS to Master?

I guess it doesn't matter too much because if they don't change the rules and make my revolver, sidearmor holster and california comp. moon clip holders legal again I will be calling HQ for a refund of my membership dues.

At least there is still ICORE as well as USPSA ( home of the bottom feeder for sure but currently more revolver friendly then IDPA )

First of all, congratulations again. I met you at the banquet dinner and talked about having an all revolver squad at the 2005 match. It was good talking to you and the other RIMZ guys.

You will be SSR MA....but you will have to reshoot the classifier for ESR MA. You should make it fine. Technically, if they were going to do it right they would make you ESR MA and have you (us) reclassify with speedloader guns. But that is just another thing that will slip through the cracks.

As for your gear - who knows. You let me know if you get your membership dues back.... :lol:

After winning expert class SSR at last years nationals I got promoted to Master  shooting my 610 with RIMZ speedloaders (moon clips). Now the rule changes, my gun is now illegal and I am an unclassified shooter!?!? What gives, and does this transfer or did I waste a year climbing the SSR ladder from SS to Master?

Hey dude I've seen you shoot. If you can get some legal equipment rather than that race gun (S&W610)/RIMZ stuff, you might make ESR MM :lol:

Okay just bust'n ya chops. Yep the current rendition doesn't look good for us but I think they are reviewing some of the changes.

BTW it wasn't a waste of time climbing the ladder "grasshopper" you did enjoy the journey didn't you? Are you going to be at the San Bernardino Regional ICORE Match?