Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness elite limited trigger issue

captainthrob

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, first post!

I have a new witness elite limited in 45acp. Installed a hennings trigger, and now when I empty a magazine, the slide locks back, I reload, release the slide, the hammer drops to half cocked causing light strikes or no fires?? I haven't messed w the sear or safety, just installed the trigger. Any ideas? Pre or over travel adjustment? Any help would be awesome, thanx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First welcome to the forum, second this is posted in the 1911 subforum, so it would likely get more attention in the EAA/Tanfoglio forum.

So everything is factory except the trigger? If so I would start by backing out the pretravel screw all the way and see if that fixes it, then move it back in slowly. When you have the trigger fully rearward, work the hammer back and forth, if you can feel the hammer touching the sear back off the screw until it swings clear.

The Henning flat trigger isn't a "Drop In" part. Adjustments are need to make it function properly in the gun. If you don't know how to do this stuff then I would suggest you take it to a qualified gunsmith.

I believe the issue is too light of a trigger return spring. Aka, trigger bounce. If I rack the slide back and hold the trigger forward, then release the slide, no hammer fall. I'm gonna call henning tomorrow to see about a heavier spring. Thanx for the ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by captainthrob