Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad Wrist And Pistol Grip

JimmyZip

Just took my Supernova out to run some boxes of shells through it and noticed that the traditional grip is bothering my right wrist quite a bit. So..... have any of you put a pistol grip on a Supernova, is it a stock Benelli item I can purchase, and if you have had the same issues with your wrist and traditional SG/long gun stocks, was the pistol grip your answer.

BTW, I really love this shotgun. it is really easy to load, and operates super. I have never owned a pump gun that I liked quite as much as this one.

JZ

Hi JimmyZip

The Benelli 'SteadyGrip' as they call it is a genuine PG stock and can be purchased for the SN. Loads of people run them, but it might make load 2/4 a little awkward if you're using it for 3-gun. Otherwise go for it! :)

http://www.benelliusa.com/shop/stocks-forends/super-black-eagle-ii-m2-supernova-stock

Keith

Edited by flannigun

JimmyZip. I use a pistol grip on my Benelli. Keith has given you the good information. Now take it up to Taran and let him Taranize it. I've been doing the load two right handed and just flipping the gun over with my left hand so the loading port is just under my face, with stock over my right shoulder. Works ok. Depends on what is actually going on with your wrist. I rehabbed my arm from a bad injury and my wrist was weak and my grip was nil. Took a while to get actual strength back, will never be back to normal, but what I have is good. The PG made me feel more secure in shooting and moving with the gun, and was more comfortable once I got used to it.Good luck.

Hi Jadeslade

Dammit you're right, I was thinking in one dimension, it never occurred to me about turning the gun in the shoulder and loading strong hand. I have a PG for my SN, so I might give this a go at some stage, thanks! :)

Regards

Keith

Thanks guys! Calling around for a stock right now. Yeah, I think my wrist is finally getting arthritis. It just always hurts a little or a lot. I love shooting this shotgun, just don't like to feel it for the days afterward. Not the kind of memory I want to have of my fun day at the range.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I went out and shot this thing today, and I must say that with a little time and some alleve, my wrist is fine, and my SG is running awesome, as I learn to do proper load two. I don't know whick one I like better the Supernova or my 712. They are both just awesome to shoot. I am the only inhibitor of excellence at this point.We shall see, but I think I will wait to install the PG until I get too hurt to shoot that way and just switch then.