Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advantage of Frame Mounted Red Dot vs Slide Mounted

Shotz

I'm leaning towards a Carver. The SJC looks like too much work to install and then modify the ejection port.

I have a Carver Custom Open gun built on a Glock 17. It has a C-more and if it weren't for the fact I can't get use to shooting a Glock trigger it would be my current Open gun. Well designed and built, if you are going to shoot a Glock you can't go wrong with a Carver setup.

That was my planned set up....but there is a new thread talking about the C-More having drift issues. I have never experienced this on my rimfire Open pistol but it has me concerned if I put it on my Glock.

With so many top shooters using C-More, I'm surprised to hear about this issue.

Not sure if I need to look for an alternative.

As Jack mentioned, the more banging the slide mounted dot takes, the more of a chance the dot point of aim could change. With the frame mounted C-More you can easily change the dot size by plugging in another one.

You DO realize that the C-More Slide Ride, (that we all use for frame-mounted setups), was originally designed to be mounted to the slide of a Glock, right? That's WHY it's called the "Slide Ride."

deleted

Edited by Jamiethesquid

That was my planned set up....but there is a new thread talking about the C-More having drift issues. I have never experienced this on my rimfire Open pistol but it has me concerned if I put it on my Glock.

With so many top shooters using C-More, I'm surprised to hear about this issue.

Not sure if I need to look for an alternative.

I'm sure there might be a few that have issues just like most products that are manufactured in quantities. I have run them on both rim fire and center fire guns with no issues. The fact that most top shooters are using them bodes well also. Some folks will say, "well, they get paid to use them", but if they if there was something a whole lot better and the top shooters were losing because of that sight you can bet your bottom dollar they would switch.

Take a look at the article on this link. I have 3 C-Mores, 2 new and one is 12 years old. I haven't experienced drift in any of them. However if I do, I'll follow the advise in the article. This fellow has written 4 separate articles on the C-More that are found on his website. Very good information.

http://re-gun.com/2011/05/c-more-care-and-feeding-zeroing-and-adjustment/

Edited by jimreed1948