Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Comments on the 05 IDPA Rules

9x45

Hoslters.

It's not the material the holster is made of, it's the offset. Just get a $20,000 sex change so you can continue to wear your $15 Uncle Mikes...

Mag pouches,

Notice the new requirement for magazine carriers? The carrier must cover at least 50% of the tube. No more of those 'chopped' IPSC pouches. Will there be an equipment check for mag pouches?

Knee Pads.

A new rule I don't really don’t like, specifically no hard shell knee or elbow pads. Well if I can't wear knee pads to protect my old broken knees for the game, then no one should be allowed to wear those ugly phony baloney spring loaded concealment vests! I thought I was at a photojournalist’s convention at one match...

Reloads.

A change that Bob will like, slide-lock (emergency) reloads may take place where necessary, but if the competitor has fired an extra round to gain the slide lock reload, this action will be 'closely scrutinized' by the RO... Also you don't need to duck completely behind cover during a reload. After all you are 'keeping an eye on your opponent' providing you don't expose too much of your body...

Awards.

And all the new sub-category awards, High Industry, High Press, High International, Most Accurate, etc. Why not High First Timer, High Highest Time, High Average Time, Highest Reload Time, High OWGO50BDNFAOC Time (Old white guy over 50 but does not fit any other category). Seems like a self esteem problem...

New Gun division.

The new ESR division to let the ICORE guys in, if they chop the barrel to 4". With at 165 floor, you gotta get a 125gr 9mm going 1,320 fps. That's gotta hurt a little...

Math.

An example of Bill math on page 13, Awards, one trophy for every 3 shooters in division and class, except for ESP/MM, where you only award 2 when there is 9-11 shooters...

Cover.

The best one of all, page 15, rule k, procedural for improper use of cover, except for the exceptions as noted

See you at the match, and remember IDPA uses full charge service ammunition to solve real world self defense scenarios.... That means only one stage with 3 rounds of +P+.... My hand still hurts from shooting that stupid revolver last time

See you at the match, and remember IDPA uses full charge service ammunition to solve real world self defense scenarios.... That means only one stage with 3 rounds of +P+.... My hand still hurts from shooting that stupid revolver last time

man, don't do that.... If I shoot my morning coffee out of my nose again all over the keyboard they are going to make me pay for the replacement.

Like the "minor" .40 S&W thing, I love that one...

look out!!! Mall Ninjas. :ph34r: