Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

100, 115 or 125 gr for Glock 17 with comp

jimreed1948

Glock 17, KKM barrel with Carver 10 port comp & Winchester Auto Comp

This forum really help me with a good load for my G34. I hoping y'all can now help me with another load. I did some searches here and really didn't find what I was looking for. I'm currently building a new pistol to use for Steel Challenge. With powder still be hard to find, my son found 3 pounds of WAC in North Carolina. It is on it's way to me now. So the powder for awhile will be the Winchester Auto Comp.

I know I need a light bullet going fast for the comp to work properly. After reading many of the threads here it appears the 125's are popular but I haven't seen a lot using AC. I plan on using either Berry's or Rainer bullets. Since the 125's appear to be widely used in the G17, I was wondering why the even light bullets are not being used.

If you have a favorite load using AC in a G17 please let me know what you're using.

For the Steel Challenge, you don't need Major 9mm loads - so your comp

won't work very efficiently, but it will still help.

Nothing wrong with the 115's or the 125's - they'll work well -probably

start around 5 gr WAC and work up until you find your sweet spot.

Requires less cleaning of the comp if those bullets are completely

enclosed - no exposed lead at the base. :cheers:

I also use 100s - the berrys 100 GR HBRN (might be under the .380 section on their site) have a longer profile - I load them to 1.085 and they feed fine in my 34 & 35 conversion. 1250 FPS (I use power Pistol) cycles the 35 conversion with a ported barrel and 13# spring).