Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

m-2 issue

sschultz

I thought I read something about this in a previous thread but I was unable to find it. When I pull the bolt back and push the lifter up the bolt sticks open. Once in a great while it will do this with a round on the lifter. If I give the bolt a little nudge it will close. Any ideas.

Thanks

I had a similar sounding issue that was resolved by changing the out the carrier spring. It involves removing the trigger assembly to access it, but you don't have to disassemble anything, really, to swap the spring.

If it is sticking on the right side at the extractor groove, file a dull angle on the extractor groove. A lot of plastic shells catch on that. (especially if you have a modified lifter/carrier that is not perfect). Feel the throat for sharp rough edges that might catch shells.

It has a almost new mag spring. The gun has less than 6 or 7 hundred rounds rounds through it. I can get it lock back with no rounds in it by just pulling the charge handle back and pushing the lifter up. Then if I give the bolt a light nudge it will close.

Roxymajor, I have never heard that before, the part about heavier shells helping the carrier align. Can you please explain that in more detail.

SShultz check your p.m.s

This has nothing to do with the magazine spring or the chamber !!

Almost all Benelli will do this if you pull the bolt back and push the carrier up by hand.... because there is no shell in the way to block the carrier from going to far up and "over centering" the carrier lever. VERSAs will also do this IT IS NORMAL!!! If it does it while shooting that is a different matter entirely

Edited by kurtm

Roxymajor, I have never heard that before, the part about heavier shells helping the carrier align. Can you please explain that in more detail.

OOPSS, sorry wrong post. I think I have combined the Versa post and this one. DISREGARD. No more driving, blogging, answer phone blogging .... That had to do with shells hanging up on the extractor grove.