Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Target finally arrives to my dealer

DaveFromAus

Well after a long wait the CZ is in the hands of the dealer, I ordered the CZ SP-01 shadow Traget with the LPA adjustable rear sight as I shoot a match called service and soon WA 1500. He sent me a pic and it's not the target it has a Hajo rear on it not sure what else is different. Bloody pain in the ass to wait so long and not get the pistol I ordered. Note this is not a fault of czc or CZ USA just the importerpost-53791-0-37441800-1404297921_thumb.j hopefully I can find out tomorrow what the go is as this is no good to me?

Edited by DaveFromAus

So talking with my dealer he's going to see if they can replace it for the proper model. If the difference is just the sight and they have a slide with the LPA cut on it will that change the accuracy of the gun swapping slides?

Thanks

I can't tell from the picture as I can't see the front of the muzzle, but with the HAJO sight maybe you got an Accu Shadow, which is even better than the Shadow Target. Ask your dealer if it has the Accu bushing on the front.

I can't tell from the picture as I can't see the front of the muzzle, but with the HAJO sight maybe you got an Accu Shadow, which is even better than the Shadow Target. Ask your dealer if it has the Accu bushing on the front.

I knew I wasn't the only one trying to catch a glimpse of the muzzle :goof:

So talking with my dealer he's going to see if they can replace it for the proper model. If the difference is just the sight and they have a slide with the LPA cut on it will that change the accuracy of the gun swapping slides?

Thanks

If they swap the slide, the serial numbers won't match

That's an Australian model which has extended Production LEGAL barrel.......Ill take that one if I was you

You can still adjust elevation with Hajo.......windage ?? Just adjust your body :-)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Edited by emjei

It's the competition hammer so should fit wth the LPA sight, all models sent here to Aus have the long barrel. Wind age if I adjust my body I will miss the target it's hard enough to see at 50yrds which is why I wanted the LPA set and forget.

Guys, dave is in australia. just FYI. :)

dave, my advice for what it's worth, forget the shadow target. it really adds bugger all over the regular shadow. all it does is limit what matches you can shoot it in (not IPSC prod div compliant).

plus you've been waiting ages for it.

my advice is consider these options:

if you want a decent WA1500 or service match gun buy a tactical sport. they are ~$1600 brand new and are a much better gun for those shooting games than the shadow. single action trigger, longer sight radius, nicer comp style frame (as opposed to the duty style frame on the shadow), magwell etc.

If you really want the shadow I'd suggest buy a brand new 'regular' shadow. CZ now make a decent adjustable sight which has click adjustment for both elevation and windage. the LPA brand sights for the shadow cut are shithouse, but the new CZ one is good (can buy it from PBA, or order direct from the CZ UB site, it's the sight with the little CZ logo on it).

Or, even better buy a shadow orange, I believe they still have some, or buy a shadow mate (have to buy the winchester sold one with black grips, but it's basically an orange).

With those you get the comp hammer, some springs, alloy grips, better fitted slide and barrel, steel guiderod, 1mm fiber front sight, and some other bits. It's a good thing.

Then just buy the good CZ adjustable rear sight, and chose a suitable front sight. for your 50m shooting you may even want a plain black front post more like a 'target' sight.

The Shadow T is a nice gun, but makes little sense here in aus. it costs more money, it doesn't really do anything above a regular shadow, and certainly not above an orange/mate and you can't shoot it in IPSC which is the natural home for this gun. If you ever wanted to re-sell it that would hurt it's sale price.

I wouldn't want them messing with it to try and make it into a target.

the other thing is, isn't the target a CZC or CZ USA model? and as such shouldn't it have CZ USA on the frame or slide? I forget which.

I really think this is a blessing in disguise.

for similar money you could buy a nicely setup (for IPSC) used shadow (around $900-$1000) AND a used tactical sport (around $1100) and have a much better suited gun for both matches. Can shoot the tac sport in standard division in IPSC too if you like.

for example, here's a used shadow for $1200 which may be local

http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=38170

(btw I think this is overpriced, I'm selling mine for $1000 with 5 mags, nice trigger job, 85c trigger, pre-b disco, tuned springs, steel guiderod, comp hammer, brand new front sight, 2 slide stops, alloy CZ grips - cost $90 just for those - and the original rubber grips). it's a very nicely set-up shadow.

actually here's one more reasonable. $1000 in WA too http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=37447

basically brand new tac sport for $1500 http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=37785 Could probably negotiate a bit on that price.

shadow mate - $1500 http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=35688

shadow orange - $1700 - http://usedguns.com.au/Product.aspx?p=36230

I think any of these are better options in aus than bringing in the T.