Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP "Tank" Brake Computer Simulation

Meat Target

Finally got around to running a simulation on the JP "Tank" brake to add to the collection of other simulations that I have done.

Video Link

JPTankX_redux.jpg

JPTankYredux.jpg

Actually I was a little surprised that it didn't do better in the simulation when compared to the others just because of its size.

The people that use them say they work very well. The JP Brake did generate the highest amount of down force in the simulations, which may be the key to why it seems to work well to the shoots perspective. So its starting to look like down force is more important than overall recoil reduction which would explain why the Rolling Thunder comp is very popular even though its has the lowest recoil reduction numbers. I may need to do some tweaking on my comp to add some more down force and try it out.

Compair2x_redux.jpg

Compair2y_redux.jpg

Edited by Meat Target

Nice work, I was wondering how long it was going to take before you posted this after I found out Chip gave you his to run the numbers on. Can't wait to see what changes you make to yours.

Have you done any sims of smaller single chamber brakes like the nordic corvette or the alg defense? Im curious how they compare to the fullsize comps. Awesome work btw these vids are interesting to watch.

Actually I have a Nordic corvette comp on hand that I will eventually get around to modeling and posting the data. But it may be a month or so before I have time to work on it.

Edited by Meat Target

Nice work, I was wondering how long it was going to take before you posted this after I found out Chip gave you his to run the numbers on. Can't wait to see what changes you make to yours.

I did tweak the design some to add in a little more down force to get it closer the the JP numbers. I have a blank already made up and should have the new version finished in the next few weeks.

Have you done any sims of smaller single chamber brakes like the nordic corvette or the alg defense? Im curious how they compare to the fullsize comps. Awesome work btw these vids are interesting to watch.

Actually I have a Nordic corvette comp on hand that I will eventually get around to modeling and posting the data. But it may be a month or so before I have time to work on it.

Id be interested at least. I read one of your posts that said the last baffle in the rolling thunder didnt do a whole lot and considered milling it off of mine. Im sick of all these huge ass brakes.

Look at the first two charts again before removing baffle #2.

I believe he is talking about removing the last baffle on the Rolling Thunder comp shown in this graph. As you can see baffle 3 doesn't contribute very much. There are a few people that have cut off the last port to drop some weight.

RT_X_Redux.jpg

Exactly. Thanks for the graph. The nordic corvette is kinda shaped like a single baffle rolling thunder. I bet i could guess how it woukd perform for the most part. It has 3 upper ports instead of the 1 the rt has. I dont know how that would effect downforce