Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 shadow hammer not fallling in DA

seanc

My wifes gun just developed a new behavior. Sometimes when pulling through DA the trigger goes full to the rear but the hammer never falls. When you start to let the trigger go, sometimes it just lowers with the trigger and sometimes it releases and falls.

It only seems to do this with a mag in the gun, orientation does not seem to matter.

I happened to be at the range with the gun dry fire clicking when it did this. I put a single round in a mag and pulled the trigger and it didn't fall and when I started to release the trigger the gun fired. This is very disconcerting when it happens obviously.

Any ideas?

Edited by seanc

Did you back out the overtravel screw yet?

that would be my first guess. my AccuShadow's OT screw didn't have loctite when I got it and it turned to where the gun wouldn't fire.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not the overtravel, Its not even touching the frame but I backed it out a few turns anyways and no change.

This only happens on the DA pull with a mag in it. SA works fine and with no mag DA works fine.

Will post video...

Your mag catch spring screw is loose

OK, this is onto something. The screw was not loose but barely snug. I gave it an 8th of a turn and now its snug.

With slide off I can see what is happening, the trigger bar is moving fully to the rear. I put the slide back on, pull the trigger back, then press down slightly on the slide and the hammer falls.

So I am presuming the trigger bar needs replacing?

Or, if I pinch the safety and put some forward pressure on them, hammer falls, but if I put rearward pressure hammer will not fall

I am brand new to CZ, but looking at the humps on the trigger bar it looks like those humps ride notches in the slide and when they get to rearmost position the slide cut comes down and trigger bar release when it hits that part of the cut.

Do I have that right?

This gun has like 15k round on it of nothing but powder puff 147 gamer loads, no way the slide is bad I hope...

edit, ok, the safety on the right side of the gun rises slight out of frame when pulling trigger, if i hold it down firm it alleviates as well. When I hold it the ejector assembly which has all the little guts in it doesn't move and the hammer works as expected.

Edited by seanc

Check to make sure the spring that pushes up on the trigger bar is in its grooves.

If that isn't it then you may need to remove a little material from the Disconnector. I am guessing you have the Short Reset trigger?