Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1100 CM short stroking

chp5

1100 CM short stroking

My 1100 Competition Master has always run great with AA heavy target loads.

I recently started shooting Open and converted to it to Open by putting on a 10 round tube and an Arredondo speed chute thingy.

I shot it today for the first time with the new tube and speed chute. At first, it cycled fine. Later the bolt started short stroking frequently.

I just cleaned it. I’ve never changed the rubber O ring. Could that make it short cycle? Could the extended tube make it short cycle?

Any thoughts/advice appreciated.

Cy-

A couple of things to trouble shoot-

1. Did you re-assemble it correctly(ie-o ring, gas ring, etc)-had to ask-

2. Does your speed chute loading thingy use bolts that attach it to the receiver, possibly squeezing or causing binding in the receiver?

3. What type of mag extension did you use; when it is screwed on, does it mate well and fit flush with the end of the stock receiver mag tube?

Put it back to the original configuration, ie, your old mag tube on and shoot it. If it still doesn't work, take off your speed loading thingy and shoot it. Process of elimination here. Good luck. Let us know what you find.

Is it short stroking or locking back and not feeding? AH61p gave good advice especially about overtighting the reciever cross bolts if used. Also without the clamps installed look down the extended mag tube and make sure it runs straight with the barrel. Seen a few that weren't and caused problems, tightening the clamps hides the crooked tube. Also make sure the ports in the barrel are clear.

Cy-

A couple of things to trouble shoot-

1. Did you re-assemble it correctly(ie-o ring, gas ring, etc)-had to ask-

2. Does your speed chute loading thingy use bolts that attach it to the receiver, possibly squeezing or causing binding in the receiver?

3. What type of mag extension did you use; when it is screwed on, does it mate well and fit flush with the end of the stock receiver mag tube?

Put it back to the original configuration, ie, your old mag tube on and shoot it.  If it still doesn't work, take off your speed loading thingy and shoot it.  Process of elimination here.  Good luck.  Let us know what you find.

1. Yes, I believe so. The 1100 ran fine for 35 rounds or so.

2. Only extended pins, so no way to overtighten.

3. Choate tube - seemed to fit OK.

Good advice on the process of elimination. Thanks.

Is it short stroking or locking back and not feeding? AH61p gave good advice especially about overtighting the reciever cross bolts if used. Also without the clamps installed look down the extended mag tube and make sure it runs straight with the barrel. Seen a few that weren't and caused problems, tightening the clamps hides the crooked tube. Also make sure the ports in the barrel are clear.

Ross - it's short stroking.

I'll take a look at the tube to make sure it's straight. Thanks.