Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats the call

dqshooter

This post shows the maturity level of the RM in question. I was wondering when this would hit Enos but I sure didn't think he would be the one posting it. I was almost done with my letter to the DNROI when I realized he wasn't even an RO. Still sending it because the situation was amplified a 1000 times by the RM and threats of physical violence should never occur on the range.

-Price

threats of physical violence should never occur on the range.

WTH??? First the WSD cheating scandal and now threats at a USPSA match. Yes, I know USPSA has hundreds of matches a year that run without a hitch, but these things just shouldn't happen. At all.

I believe there was also a USPSA member whose membership was suspended recently. It's looks like it's been a tough year for us. I try to look on the bright side and see them as signs that there is growth within the organization. Unfortunately that growth is putting stress on the system. I'm hoping that the adage "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" has a lot of truth in it. We, as a community, will have to help.

I remember when the USPA (United States Parachute Association) when through a particularly bad year with an unusually high number of accidents, fatalities, and DZ issues. The community took the opportunity to regroup, learn what mistakes were made, and instituted plans, policies, and guidelines to make things better. It was a transformative change, although unfortunate that it had to cost lives, injuries, and some people's livelihoods to get there.

I believe there was also a USPSA member whose membership was suspended recently.

According to the minutes of the most recent BoD telephone board meeting, 2 members have been suspended. According to the Area 6 FB page, one of them is still shooting matches. Does that equal a "paper suspension"?