Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPM Recoil system

xdmjohn

There are a lot of "dual rate" recoil reducer systems around. I have about four or five of the norecoil.com variety, they make the same claim about reducing recoil. The theory is by having a softer spring rate coming out of battery, it reduces the peak recoil impulse. Maybe, but the most dominant spring force unlocking from battery is the hammer spring which the slide has to deflect going back as it cocks the hammer so the recoil spring is a secondary effect.

I have tried the "recoil reducers" on about five different autos and never felt any difference. I still use them because they also stop slide travel from reaching the frame which eliminates frame battering. IMO, they are worth it for that feature as well as holding the recoil spring captive which makes assembly easier.

As for decreasing recoil or muzzle flip, I think that effect is placebo. I have not seen that to be true. YMMV

http://www.norecoil.com/

FRAME SAVING RECOIL BUFFERS

What they do...

All buffer systems are heat treated 416 stainless steel and effectivly reduce felt recoil 40-50% and, whenever recoil is lowered in a semi-automatic pistol, muzzle climb or "jump" is also reduced allowing for faster target reaquisition, less shooter fatigue and better control.

Edited by bountyhunter

There are a lot of "dual rate" recoil reducer systems around. I have about four or five of the norecoil.com variety, they make the same claim about reducing recoil. The theory is by having a softer spring rate coming out of battery, it reduces the peak recoil impulse. Maybe, but the most dominant spring force unlocking from battery is the hammer spring which the slide has to deflect going back as it cocks the hammer so the recoil spring is a secondary effect.

I have tried the "recoil reducers" on about five different autos and never felt any difference. I still use them because they also stop slide travel from reaching the frame which eliminates frame battering. IMO, they are worth it for that feature as well as holding the recoil spring captive which makes assembly easier.

As for decreasing recoil or muzzle flip, I think that effect is placebo. I have not seen that to be true. YMMV

http://www.norecoil.com/

FRAME SAVING RECOIL BUFFERS

What they do...

All buffer systems are heat treated 416 stainless steel and effectivly reduce felt recoil 40-50% and, whenever recoil is lowered in a semi-automatic pistol, muzzle climb or "jump" is also reduced allowing for faster target reaquisition, less shooter fatigue and better control.

Good comments. I agree might have a slightly different perceived "feel" but you will still have recoil. But if in doubt, try one yourself, who knows you might like it