Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New pistol? New caliber?

Haven't shot it in a quiet a while but was there something about no long dust cover? Iv been looking at the threads relating to the EAA and you guys have some extra nice pistols. I had planed to go to the gun show this morning but didn't make it. It was a beautiful day and I almost have my bush hogging done. Other than the Kentucky gun company and Oak Hill Guns any other places to keep an eye on? It kind of sounds like I will be extra hard pressed to find a Tanfoglio at the gun show to grip. Wish me luck!

Lim Pro has shorter than full-length dust cover.

Well I will get straightened out on this maybe. What makes the frame the larger one? do you have to order 38 super or 10mm to get a larger frame? or are they all built on a larger frame?

Gripped a witness in steel, at the gun show. Hoped to find a limited but no luck. As a matter of fact it may have been one of the worst gun shows I've been to. No gold medal match primers in anything. Lead bullets are getting high. round nose jacketed were 20$ less per 500???

On a cz what size frame is this cz75?

Small frame.

The whole small frame/large frame thing comes from whether the pistol was designed around the 9mm Luger or the .45ACP so it has everything to do with the length of the cartridge. Small frame pistols are designed to shoot 9mm and were later adapted to other small frame calibers (.40S&W, .357 SIG, .41AE, etc.) whereas large frame pistols were designed for the .45ACP, but were adapted to other large frame calibers (.38 Super, 10mm, 9x25 Dillon, .460 Roland, etc.) as well as the small frame calibers using specially designed magazines.

Most CZ75 platform pistols are small frame, Tanfoglio Witnesses come in both small and large frame (confusingly, the small frame calibers are made in both small and large frame pistols), but CZ makes three different frames: small (75B), large (97B), and what I like to call the wide body small frame (the Tactical Sport and Czechmate).

The wide body frame was designed specifically with IPSC in mind: the small frame .40 CZs were handicapped in terms of capacity when compared to the Caspian double stack 1911s (15 rounds vs 21 in a 140mm mag), so the IPSC Standard (predecessor to the TS) was born which held 21 rounds of .40 in a 140mm mag.

So the baby eagle is on this style frame also? Going to have to get the eaa. Atlas I have been reading trying to figure the frame sizes out. The cz's have some good looking pistols too.

So the baby eagle is on this style frame also?

Yes, the Baby Eagle is manufactured in part/completely? by Tanfoglio so it shares many parts with the small frame Witnesses. In fact, a the first version is very similar to a Stock II (and at today's going prices, about a third the cost); one notable difference is the hammer strut/spring design which is closer to a CZ and is arguably better than the current line of DA/SA Tanfoglios :sight:

• 2 weeks later...