Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

widest slide racker?

DrLove

guys, I want to add a slide racker to my Trubor. Question is, which one out there is the widest? I like a lot of surface area when racking?

Also, SVI has this 45 deg version, how different is that? Does it give you more leverage?

thanks in advance...

The sidewinder has plenty of surface area but there are much larger ones that quite frankly look a little "blocky". You don't need leverage on an open gun with a 7-8 pound spring in it. Too much leverage actually seems to twist the slide on the frame. I run a sidewinder and also have a sidewinder XL fitted and that thing is looong.

The sidewinder has plenty of surface area but there are much larger ones that quite frankly look a little "blocky". You don't need leverage on an open gun with a 7-8 pound spring in it. Too much leverage actually seems to twist the slide on the frame. I run a sidewinder and also have a sidewinder XL fitted and that thing is looong.

Thanks Sarge, but I've seen those square looking ones which I liked, do you know which ones are those? Can't seem to find them anywhere. I guess I'll have to ask the guys at the range if no one knows about them.

yeah probably limcat is the square-ish ones.

SVI have a pretty chunky one too if you want extra real estate to hold onto: http://www.speedshooter.com/product_detail.cfm?id=SVISR&svi-slide-racker---40-degree-angled-up

Yeah I was looking at those too. So what does the 45deg one give you really? Or just go for the standard one?

The 45 gives you a little more room if you keep your right thumb on the safety when racking the slide.

The checkering on the SV is aggressive and will give you a good grip. The handle is hollow so it won't add as much weight as the Limcat. Besides you don't want to move the CG of the slide any higher than you have to. It might increase felt recoil.

Edited by al503

yep, exactly. gives more thumb clearance if you are using your safety to ride on with your strong hand thumb. nothing worse than grabbing the slide racker, giving it that massive pull in the heat of a stage like you're starting a lawn mower only to have it slam into your thumb.

going point on the centre of gravity and increasing slide inertia. it's something to think about.

• 3 weeks later...