Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dawson +5 mags double as maracas when loaded to 22 (9mm)

jaredr

just installed some dawson +5 tool-free mag extensions (with dawson extra power spring) on gen 4 glock 17 mags. can easily load 22 rounds but man, they rattle like crazy. have not had a chance to function test (will get to the range this week and try them out) but even if they work fine, i have to say the rattling noise of loaded rounds rolling around in the mag is unnerving.

anyone else seen this behaviour with the dawson tool-free +5 baseplates? did a search through the forums and didn't see any reference to this so did not think this was common behaviour for this product.

Mine do the same thing but have had zero problems with them for the past two years. I use the rattle to tell me when the mags are topped off!

Nick

Mine do that too! Not great for a stealthy carry gun, but they function 100% for me

aargh! that totally blows my posturing on station as a super high-speed tactical shooter. sneering at the target array with a steely-eyed gaze as I walk into the starting box. sounding like i'm back-up percussion for a mariachi band...