Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dryfire challenge for fun.

bronxlive

I would like to find out how my skill and time measure against others with this drill.

The drill:

Pick a target about 7 yards away.

Stand hands surrendered, draw and fire at the target. Do a mag change and fire and the same target, do another mag change and fire again at the target.

Don't cheat yourself. Make sure your grip is perfect, make sure you see your front sight perfectly when firing. So no speedy short cuts.

I'm down to 4,2sec par time.

You must be able to do it 3 times in a row to count.

Please share your times if you guys are keen.

• 1 year later...

Good drill. I did the exact same drill both facing forward and turning around. I'm new to competition shooting but my par time was under 5 sec. I'll have to work in this during the week and I'll let you know how low I can get it

I've really never done any dry fire practice, but have a few hours today I was getting ready for a big 3 gun match.

First session I started out set at 5.5 , beat that consistently, now I'm down to beating 4.8 about 9/10 attempts

beat 4.5 a couple times, looks like I'll be here for a while.

I shoot open, and do maybe 1 mag change per month ? ? in a match :lol:

just seems SO WEIRD :P

Edited by toothandnail

True but at least it makes DF somewhat interesting. :sick:

I purposely used a smaller target, 8"x 12", just to make extra sure I wasn't getting sloppy.

I shoulda tried some dry fire double taps, to see how much slower it was

Edited by toothandnail

Well , I beat 4.5, 7 times in a row, then I put a mag in my belt pouch backwards :blush:

Try that in a competition! Also loading a magazine with 3 rounds in it gives your friends a good chuckle during a competition.

Well , I beat 4.5, 7 times in a row, then I put a mag in my belt pouch backwards :blush:

Try that in a competition! Also loading a magazine with 3 rounds in it gives your friends a good chuckle during a competition.

While I have not done that , yet, I have forgot to top one off. Should have been able to shoot the stage without reloading.

About 3 targets left, and even before the slide locks back you are thinking WHAT ? ? ? :surprise:

:roflol:

• 2 months later...