Lost the Swype function on the keyboard

Lost the color LED for notifications

Lost the quick function to turn to silent from lock screen

now the background to Text messages is blinding white

Icons at top of screen are white all the time, difficult to tell when in svc

previous turn blue when in coverage area

so far I hate it

Jason

You can download Swype from the Play Store. I prefer SwiftKey.

You might be able to fix the LED with an app like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koo.lightmanager

Not sure what text message program is. I use Hangouts but you can change it if you want to use something else.

I liked the blue better too.

If you want more control over your home screen that won't get changed by an update and can be put on phones from different manufacturers try Nova Luncher https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.launcher

I tried ignoring this update....managed to delay it three times yesterday. But didn't catch it in time while cooking diner last night and it was forced upon me. I absolutely hate it. I am sure there are some good behind the scene change that were made, but I hate the changes to the GUI. Add on top of that they took away some free apps and made them pay to use? This is likely to instill a lot of anger in people.

• 2 weeks later...

I squealed to Verizon and was told to do a hard reset......no surprize that it didnt fix any problems I had, so I called again and they sent me a new phone (same model) that had not received the upgrade, of course the next morning it automatically downloaded the updated OS, now I just have to try and keep it from installing, I went into the App manager and found the google mainframe program, and turned off notifications, so far so good, if I can keep the old software I will be happy, battery life is back to my usual 1 1/2 2 days where with kit kat I got 6 hours and it was telling me to plug it in.

J