Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ tactical sport .40 not extracting

nsginc

Hello, any ideas on what would cause my TS to not extract and attempt to feed the next round under spent case. Does this about twice every 10 rounds. Same ammo and mag I have been using. It will extract once the mag is removed and I rack the slide to remove casing. It has been running perfect until yesterday.

Thank you.

This TS is a low round count TS CTS from CZ customs. Do the springs have a low shelf life? I am the second owner and would put the round count under 2000 total. Which I shot 800 flawless out of. I will strip it down and take a look.

Thank you for the ideas

2000 rounds is plenty for gunk to build up behind and around the extractor. It's preventative maintenance to go ahead and replace the spring since you have it apart. Use a punch to knock out the extractor pin, working from the top of the gun to the bottom.

Edited by pivoproseem

Cleaning the extractor is not really reflective of the spring life. It is more just routine maintenance . I clean the extractor on my 2011s about every 500 rounds, my TS about every 1000 so I think it is fine. The extra power spring is more insurance. The stocker is probably fine. Also when you drive the pin out only tap it down far enough for the extractor to come out. (You will feel it) If you drive the pin all the way out of the slide it is a PITA to get started back into it's hole.

2000 rounds is about where my .40 TS stopped extracting. I put in an extra power spring from Wolff without cutting coils and it has worked well ever since. I’ve got about 9000 rounds through it now. i did break a slide stop at 8000 though. I guess that’s why it came with 3 :)

Good luck!

Remove, inspect, and clean extractor ( particularly the hook), extractor channel in receiver, spring and spring recess/hole. Also, clean left side of breach face where extractor presses the case rim. There is (or should say is on my SP01) a shsllow grove to help hold the case rim.

With that few rounds through the pistol doubt it is a sprimg issue.