Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm mag feed lips

Noximus03

It honestly varies by magazine design. I remember back when I was tuning some of mine I did a "survey" to get feed lip spacing values across about a dozen 9mm mag types. Don't remember the values. If you spread the lips a bit you can get problems if the round rides too high.

You have a specific problem?

Have you tried changing your OAL? Sometimes this will help if you are getting nose dives. Also, might consider EGW's HD higher mag catch, which is specifically designed to help your problem. Might be worth before removing material from feed lips that you can't put back.

I've changed the OAL from 1.090-1.135 and most everywhere in between and still get the same results.

Well then you are off to a good start diagnosing the problem. I run 1.135 OAL with RN bullets for the best results in my 1911's. 147 FP bullets have not been as reliable for me

I've changed the OAL from 1.090-1.135 and most everywhere in between and still get the same results.

Well then you are off to a good start diagnosing the problem. I run 1.135 OAL with RN bullets for the best results in my 1911's. 147 FP bullets have not been as reliable for me

I've noticed that I get less issues with Xtremes than I do with Rainier's, but even though it's less frequent....I still get issues.

Have you tried FMJ bullets? I got away from platted for this very reason. I run Bayou 135 gr RN currently.

Haven't thought of that route, but I'll give it a shot. I thought Bayou's were plated?