Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canadian with unconventional choices

TVpresspass

Hello Eno crew!

I’m a Canadian gun owner and target shooter just starting to enjoy the competitive sports. I’ve done embedded exercises with the Armed Forces, interviewed “security analysts” misrepresenting themselves as ex-SAS, and try to do as much as possible one of the more unique rifles out there: Israel’s TAR-21 Tavor.

Since Shot Show this year I've been securing the gear and paperwork to attend the MGM Ironman in Parma next month. I'm more than a little excited.

There's a little bit of local 3 Gun here in Alberta, so I expect I'll spend lots of time this summer driving to matches.

I hate intro posts without pictures, so here's some of my gear:

14205022563_45024a571a_z.jpg

14178410411_112aece411_z.jpg

13450811334_9a8af1f56f_z.jpg

Welcome aboard :cheers:

Are you closer to Calgary or Emonton ( I lived in Edmonton back in late 50's)?

Looks like some nice gear you've collected - good luck with the 3-gun.

Glad to be here! I'm in Calgary, but last weekend I drove back and forth to Edmonton in order to shoot two back to back events.

Welcome!!! I left Calgary ten??? years ago for Florida and haven't looked back. Had a cabin in Seba Beach an hour west of Edmonton but it still wasn't the same as living at "the beach" in FL. I had no idea living in Canada that you could own guns like you have but I've more than made up for it in the candy store down here. I never even bothered with getting a rifle up there with all the BS and expense. At least I know better now and if I ever have to move back I'll be able to keep shooting. The bugs suck this time of year though.

It's still pretty bad in Canada. Need government approval to take your AR-15 to and from the range, with no legal way to hunt with one. Part of why I opted for the Tavor: It's so new there's no laws controlling or banning it based on looks.

Magazine capacity is a little better for stanag rifles these days. But there's lots of work to be done :(

The RCMP just relisted two non-restricted guns that have been sold freely for 12 years and made them prohibited overnight.

Edited by TVpresspass