Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite revolver grips?

Bruce

Picked up a SW .45 acp not long ago, nice piece. Has the Miculek stock grips on it, for some reason it is working over the meat of my palm. They don't seem to fit perfect, even though it is a perf center gun and they are stock...perhaps the sander will have to be dragged out and work done on them. Wondering though, what do those of you who shoot revos in comp use for grips? Thanks

I noticed that my hand was getting thumped a bit right in the web area of my strong hand, after a slight change in the way that I gripped the gun I have not had much trouble since. Keep in mind that I am a long way from being good enough with a wheelgun to offer too much advice.

I use the factory wood grips that came on my 25-2. They feel a lot better to me than some of the smaller ones I have tried. They are still smooth like the Miculek, but not as pretty. A guy in our club makes some grips for his Smith revolvers that feel great and look really good too!

Most of the grips on my S&Ws are Boot Grips by Craig Spegel, plus three that were designed by him for Uncle Mike's. I prefer smooth wood with no finger grooves. His look like minimum dimension Ropers. They're great for carry, and have enough size to be comfortable shooting them extensively (including full power .357 Magnum).