Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm major and minor out of same gun?

Travis224

So I am wondering if anyone has shot both major and minor loads out of their CZ. Is it manageable without a comp as far as splits go? I'm starting off building my 75 and am halting the comp and optic for a few months and am thinking if major is a big help or if I should just do minor and try for better hits. Even if you can post a video showing both, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Do yourself (and your pistol) a favor and don't shoot 9 Major without a comp. The comp holds the slide closed longer an dissipates a lot of energy which would otherwise be directed into your pistol and your arms.

It's not about being 'man enough' to handle it, I don't suspect the barrel lugs would survive a single match.

yeah shooting 9 major out of a 75 without a comp or at least ported barrel is just asking for trouble and it will be so unpleasant to shoot. don't forget A's are still only worth 5 points. everything else is worth less. shooting 9 minor you should be getting mostly A's. shooting that thing 9 major without a comp you'll be getting a lot of C and D hits and probably the odd mike not to mention your time will no doubt suffer too. you'll also be in open competing against all the proper open guns.

there is a reason no one else is doing this.... anywhere... :)